Friday, October 26, 2007

This a Poem for You Today

now you can sing along
From "Live at the Jazz Gallery", Jason Lindner big band. vocals by Jay Collins
tune:
This is a Poem for You Today
how does everybody feel? are they scared like me of things they thought were free? well i don't know (i don'tknow) and I'll never know.

how does every one else deal? do they fail sometimes begin' a pardon for their crimes? well i don't know (i don't know) and I'll never know.

where is everyone runnin' to? sad subway stations, all the feet, all the destinations? and I don't know oh woh, but I believe I'll grow and know a little more tomorrow. said I believe I'll grow and know a little more tomorrow! but until then, this is poem for you today.

where does all the information go? to a computer some place and will it remember my face? well I don't know (i don't know) and I'll never know. where is everybody going to? do they go with lovers losin' their troubles in the covers
well I don't know (i don't know) and I'll never know.

where will what I call my soul go if the sea boils over and the sun goes out super nova. well I don't know oh oh, but I believe I'll grow and know a little more tomorrow. said I believe I'll grow and know a little more tomorrow oh yeah!
but until then, this is a poem for you today.

how does everyone feel when the day is sunny and all you can think of money? well I don't know (i don't know) and I'll never know. how does everyone else deal when noon comes creepin' and you're missin' out cause you're sleepin'
well I don't know (i don't know) and I'll never know.

how does everyone feel when the rent's going up and people are beggin with a cup. said I don't know but I believe I'll grow and know a little more tomorrow. yeah I believe I'll grow and know a little more tomorrow! woh yeah! but until then, this is a poem for you today. this is a poem, this is a poem for you today.

hay alright, got to blow my horn now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home